Tuesday, May 3, 2011

UAB Bloopers

Okay, so I can't help myself! I have to throw in some of the funny stories from our time at UAB. The first comical moment (and one I will never forget) came when Jon and I started staying at the Courtyard by Marriott and had to walk about a mile to and from the Regional Neonatal ICU where Bryce was. The "pod" (better known as room) that Bryce was in had a couch that converted into a bed (designed only for one but Jon and I made it fit both of us...yes, go ahead and get a mental picture...hilarious looking back that we both slept twisted like pretzels on that "glorified couch") After a few nights there, we wanted to get some much needed "real" rest so we walked back and forth from the UAB Courtyard by Marriott. I was still very much recuperating from having Bryce so one afternoon I told Jon I needed a wheelchair to make it back to the RNICU from our room. He gladly obliged, found a wheelchair, and off we went to see our precious son. I had been overdoing it walking back and forth so this definitely gave me some much needed rest. We had almost made it all the way back from to the RNICU. As the last elevator doors opened, Jon steered me in but he must have been a little delirious because the next thing I know, I went flying into the elevator wall (not kidding, I think I nearly fell out in the floor, LOL) He claims he was trying to get me positioned so he could step onto the elevator behind me and thought that it was deeper! All of you women who have had babies, just imagine about 72 hours later crashing into a wall and almost planting your face on the floor. No, not cool! But, I was okay and it provided some much needed comic relief for us! Too funny....more stories to come including some of our favorite nurses, sex toys in the CICU (yep, not kidding...you'll die when you hear the story), and Bryce's amazing recovery from open heart surgery. Thanks for reading:) Stay tuned.
The chair I am sitting in here is the chair Jon slept in a few nights because the "glorified couch" was just too uncomforable and we were both trying to get a decent night's sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your post! Can't wait to hear all the other stories!

    ReplyDelete